Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Double Review: "Have Some Candy" and "Sour Bill" from The Lady Varnishes

Hello Readers:

NEW (to me) BRAND ALERT! I bring to you today two polishes from The Lady Varnishes. The Lady Varnishes (TLV) is a 5free and cruelty free brand. At the beginning of every month TLV releases their (Disney) villain polish with an option for their mini minion polish with minimum purchase. I'm a huge Disney fan, so when I found out about TLV's Disney villain polishes I knew I had to check it out. When I saw that March's villain was King Candy (and his minion Sour Bill) from Wreck It Ralph I knew they had to be mine!! Warning this post will be pic heavy!


IMG source: Disney.wikia.com

The first polish, inspired by King Candy, is called "Have Some Candy". It is a bubblegum pink polish with a mix of different sized green, purple and pink hex glitter. Oh! Also it smells likes bubblegum when its dry! That is a special feature The Lady Varnishes offers with each polish. If desired she will add a scent to your polish, and each polish has a list of scents to choose from.







 
Isn't this polish GORGEOUS!! And so FUN!!! It totally screams Wreck It Ralph and King Candy!! Woooo! (Can you tell I'm a Wreck It Ralph fan? lol) As I have said before I don't even like pink but this polish is so fitting and fabulous I looooove it! This is two coats of Have Some Candy with no undies and no top coat.
 
Next up is "Sour Bill" which is the mini minion polish, and is packed full of bright green hex and circle glitter in a clear base. This one didn't come with a designated scent but she was nice enough to add a peppermint smell to it for me (so when I wore both at the same time my fingers smelled like minty bubblegum).
 





 
Once again another fabulous polish!!! This is one coat of "Sour Bill" over two coats of "Have Some Candy" and  a clear top coat. As you can see the green glitter topper lessens the POW pink of "Have Some Candy" but I think it covers up the other pretty colored glitter of "Have Some Candy" so I probably wouldn't wear this over it again but I would use it to accompany it (like shown in the next set of photos).
 
I usually show a full mani of polishes on their own (even if just a glitter topper) but this time around I will be honest and I forgot so this time I just went back and redid one nail to show "Sour Bill" on it own.
 



 
The above pictures show three coats of "Sour Bill" on its own on my index fingers, and one coat of "Sour Bill" over two coats of "Have Some Candy". I actually ADORE "Sour Bill" on its own and the next time I wear it I will use it alongside "Have Some Candy" instead of layering it over top.
 
But overall this is how I feel about these polishes:
 
IMG source: thekingofkarts.tumblr.com



These polishes are absolutely FABULOUS! Sadly they were only available for the month of March but if you are a Disney freak like me you can check out her Disney villain for this month which is inspired by Madam Mim from Sword in the Stone. OR! If you'd love to check out some of her other wonderful polishes you can visit her website.
 
Until next time.
-Andi
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment