Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day! Review plus Nail Art

Hello Readers:

Happy Earth Day! I have some lovely Earth Day inspired polish, plus a little nail art to go with it. First is my review of the Earth Day inspired polish. It is from the lovely Shawn and Angel over at Above The Curve. They aptly named the LE (limited edition) polish "We Are The World". We Are The World is a blue jelly with different sizes of blue, green and iridescent hexes and circle glitter.







 
I think "We Are The World" is a great representation of our mother Earth! It goes on smooth and easy. I used three coats by itself, with a clear top coat. The larger glitter is hard to get out if you don't turn the bottle upside down for a bit so please remember to do that (I was silly and forgot so I didn't get too many of the large circles but they weren't too hard to fish for either).
 
I'll definitely be keeping this polish around for the times I need earth/water inspired polishes, or anytime I just need something blue and pretty to look at!
 
Below are a couple photos of the nail art I tried out for an Earth Day inspired mani.
 

 
In this mani I used "We Are The World" as my base coat, and Dollish Polish's "Baby Gravy" for my tree accent nail. For my first attempt at freehanding a tree I think it turned out pretty good. After looking at other people's freehanded trees I know where I went wrong, but I think it turned out pretty well!
 
If you'd like to get this LE polish from Above The Curve there are still a few available from their BigCartel Shop or if you'd like to check out some of their other great polishes. Remember: no matter which polish you buy a portion of the proceeds go to charity!
 
Also, if you're interested in any of Dolly's fabulous polishes you can check out the Dollish Polish website.
 
Until next time.
-Andi
 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment