Friday, April 11, 2014

World Parkinson's Day Nail Art

Hello Readers:

As some of you know I was invited to join Nailpolis, a community where we can share our nail art creations. They put up a challenge to help spread awareness of Parkinson's Disease.

Excerpt from Nailpolis: "Today is World Parkinson's Day, and Nailpolis artists are raising awareness and showing their support! Parkinson's disease (PD) affects millions of people in the world. Parkinson's Disease involves the loss of nerve cells in the brain, leaving a person unable to control movement normally. Our hearts are with the brave people who are fighting Parkinson's. The Parkinson's Disease Foundation has personally reached out to Nailpolis, thanking each and every one of you for showing your support through your artwork and donations."

Showing support for World Parkinson's Day is represented by a blue ribbon and/or a red tulip, and in the spirit of spreading awareness I came up with the nail art below.


 
 
In this mani I used Delush Polish's "Bare To Be Bold" as my base, then I freehanded the blue ribbons using Different Dimension's "The Lovers, The Dreamers, And Me". I also freehanded the tulips using BB Couture's "Sloth", and Darling Diva Polish's "Green Diamond".
 
Overall I think this mani came out pretty well for my third time freehanding nail art. Practice makes perfect for sure!

If you would like to learn more about Nailpolis and the Parkinsons Disease foundation check out Nailpolis' Facebook or their website.
 
 
Until next time.
-Andi
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment