Thursday, April 24, 2014

Double Review: "Clairvoyant Visitor" and "Glitter A Peel" from Nail Pattern Boldness

Hello Readers:

NEW (to me) BRAND ALERT! I have a couple creations from Nail Pattern Boldness. First off is a polish from their Magpie inspired collection. "Clairvoyant Visitor" is a gunmetal grey micro glitter polish with pink and magenta accents, and is a 3free and cruelty free polish. I used 3 coats over a clear base coat, and a clear top coat.








 
Isn't this polish GORGEOUS!?!? I LOVE how this polish is so packed full of glitter that it can be worn on its own, and has a textured look to it. I first saw these polishes over at one of my personal favorite blogs Accio Lacquer, and knew I had to get my hands on them. I have found a new love in textured polishes, and can't wait to get my hands on more of them (including more of the Magpie collection which has an array of different colored micro glitter polishes).
 
Just to reiterate in case I didn't get it across before lol... <3 <3 <3 Clairvoyant Visitor.
 
Now onto the next polish, "Glitter A Peel". If you are a fan of heavy glitter polishes like me, you know just how much of a pain it is to remove them. I know that the most tried and true method for removal is to soak a cotton ball in acetone place it on the polished nail and wrap some tin foil over it, and let it soak for 3-4mins and the polish should stick to the cottonball. However, I cannot use harsh chemicals like acetone as my skin reacts to harsh chemicals, so I had to go in search of an alternative.
 
I have used Elmer's Glue as a base coat for glitter polishes as they will peel off whole, no fuss no muss and no chemicals. However I find that the glue tends to take awhile to dry (and sometimes I'm just too impatient to wait for it to dry), and I found if used a lot in succession that it made my nails peel. So while still better than the foil method, I still needed to find something similar.
 
In comes "Glitter A Peel". It is a quick drying base coat that allows you to peel off polish, and as an FYI this polish is only a 2free polish as it does contain Toluene.
 
 
You'll want to use either one thick coat or two coats of this base polish before applying your nail polish of choice, otherwise it will just chip off rather come off whole. All in all this is a great base coat for glitter polishes and I'm very happy with it. Do I wish it was 3free? Yes. Am I going to stop using it because it has toluene? No. Will I buy it again? Yes, though I would like to try other brands who make a peel base as well.
 
Remember, when you are ready to remove your polish to use an orange stick (or whatever cuticle pusher you have) to gently push the polish away either from the sides or cuticle area.  It is tempting to use your own nails (and I am guilty of this on countless occasions) but you risk damaging your nails, and risk breaking the polish off in chips when you use your own nails to peel it away.
 
This is a great product though and I do recommend it to others who love to wear glitter polishes like I do. If you would like to try out this base coat or some of their other fabulous polishes check out Nail Pattern Boldness' website, Etsy, or their stockist: Llarowe.
 
Until next time.
-Andi

 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment