Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Grim Grinning Ghosts Duo

Hello Readers:

I have an awesome collaboration duo to show you today, and it even includes a new-to-me brand! (woot woot!) Today's duo is called Grim Grinning Ghosts which the makers based off of the Disney ride 'The Haunted Mansion'. The Lady Varnishes created one of the polishes, and Sweet Heart Polish created the other.

img src: google search


First, a little about Sweet Heart Polish. Sweet Heart Polish is a 5free, cruelty free, gluten free, vegan friendly brand. Recently, Sweet Heart Polish has also begun donating $1 from every bottle sale to charity.

Now, onto the polishes. Up first is the polish Sweet Hear Polish created, entitled "Hurry Ba-ack". "Hurry Ba-ack" is a black jelly based polish with neon green, blue and purple hex glitter, tiny iridescent glitter and a splash of holo.









 
I wish my indoor shots had turned out better, I just couldn't seem to find a good way to light the polish without all that glare on it. So I apologize for not doing this polish justice. It is very lovely, I absolutely love the bright colored glitter! I used three coats over a clear base coat, and a clear top coat. If you want to do less layers you can layer this over a dark base coat. The application was a teeny bit thick, also it chipped rather easily. Overall, a great polish and am intrigued to try out other Sweet Heart Polishes in the future.
 
Now onto The Lady Varnishes polish entitled: "Welcome, Foolish Mortals". "Welcome, Foolish Mortals" is a murky green based polish with different sized iridescent glitter, and even glows in the dark!
 







 

 
I must apologize once again. I was unable to obtain glow in the dark photos of this polish. My camera just won't do that kind of photo. Anyhoo, this polish is wonderful! I must admit that it is my favorite of the two (and not just because it glows in the dark). This polish is just so different from all of my other polishes that I lean towards this one more. I used three coats of polish over a clear base coat, and a clear top coat. I had no application issues.
 
This duo was limited edition so it is no longer available but check out the makers shops to see their other wonderful polishes: Sweet Heart Polish & The Lady Varnishes
 
Until next time.
-Andi
 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment