Thursday, July 3, 2014

Throwback Thursday: "Elsewhen" from My Ten Friends

Hello Readers:

I forgot to mention this in my last post but July is here! And guess what that means?!? It will be my ONE YEAR BLOGAVERSARY this month! So I thought for the month of July I will do throwback Thursday's where I will show my progress from some of my very first mani's. I have come so far, and continue to make progress with my skills every day.

To start off, we'll go back to the beginning. My first ever mani, with my first ever Indie and consequently my very first My Ten Friends polish. Ah, so many firsts with this polish. The one that started it all: "Elsewhen"

First, some old photos to show where I began: Original Post



 
 
As you can see I was as noob as noob could be. I didn't know about the macro setting on my camera so it's all blurry, I didn't know about cropping or water marking (the second photo had been edited after the original post was published when I learned about cropping and labeling). I also has nubbie nubs but that was also because I couldn't grow my nails out yet due to recent eye surgery I didn't want to accidentally poke myself in the eye with long nails.
 
And now updated photos with this near and dear to my heart polish:
 






 

 


What a difference eh? ^_^ I'm quite proud of myself with the progress I've made in a year. I'm still learning new things every day, and am continuing to improve. I'm also developing my nail art skills but I think that is something that will take me longer to learn since I've never been good at art in general. Still, I'm so happy with how things have come along and thank you to everyone who I have met in the nail community along the way. All the help, tips, tricks, and of course all the incredible polish has given me a beautiful hobby that I always get excited about.
 
Isn't this a better showcase of Elsewhen? I certainly think so. Are there any of my past mani's that you'd like me to redo to hopefully showcase it better as my skills improve? If so please do let me know and I'll add that to my throwback Thursday list.
 
Until next time.
-Andi
 
PS. As this is my blogaversary month do keep an eye out for my upcoming giveaway (which I think you'll love!)
 



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment