Friday, July 11, 2014

Double Review: "Passionately Purple" and "Kintsukuroi" from Carpe Noctem Cosmetics

Hello Readers:

Boy do I have something beautiful and AMAZING to show you today, and just an FYI this post will be a bit picture heavy since I had a hard time narrowing down my photo choices.

Emily, the owner and creator of Carpe Noctem Cosmetics, was kind enough to send me samples of two new polishes she has created (which will be released later today - July 11th 5pm EST). I'm so thankful to be given this opportunity to provide swatches and my honest opinion on these lovely polishes.

Sadly, I've had nothing but rain this week, BUT the sun did sneak out for a few seconds so I was able to snap a couple of sun pictures for the polishes but most will be in the shade.

First up is "Passionately Purple" a periwinkle holo polish (well that's how I like to describe it ^_^ )













 
As many of my readers may have found out from some of my posts, I am a huge purple fan so you know I was all giggly to receive this color! Passionately Purple is beautiful and has such a beautiful holo sparkle! I used two coats of polish over a clear base coat, and a clear top coat. I had no application issues , however, I think some computer monitors will show this polish as more silvery (I know my laptop did when the battery started to get low so my screen contrast changed). Let me assure you though, this is definitely a beautiful purple leaning blurple.
 
Now onto the second polish of today's release, "Kintsukuroi". For those who don't know "kintsukuroi"" is Japanese for 'to repair with gold', and is a famous art form of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer and understanding that the piece is more beautiful for having been broken. (Explanation taken from kinstukuroi post at: The Perfect Day Blog, check the post out for more info).
 
Kinstuskuroi polish is what I like to call a molten gold polish with a splash of holo sparkle. Seriously, I can't even begin to tell you how taken I was with this polish. I was certain that the purple would be my favorite but I think I may just be a little bit in love with "Kinstukuroi" as it has taken my heart. The photos below will show why.
 
















 
WOW! That is always the first word that comes out of my mouth when I see this polish. I used two coats of polish over a clear base coat and a clear top coat. It is seriously like molten gold with a splash of holo. I cannot say enough good things about how amazing this polish is, and I'm not even a gold person but I never want to take this polish off! Honestly, you won't be disappointed by either polish.
 
Remember these beauties go on sale TODAY at 5pm EST over at Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Etsy Shop.
 
Until next time.
-Andi
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment