Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Review: "Peekaboo" from Ruby White Tips

Hello Readers:

So yesterday I threw out my back a bit, and have been resting as best I can today. I blame lugging the lawn mower around to cut the grass haha But at least my back held out until I was finished cutting the grass.

Today, I have a charity polish (yes another charity woo! ^_^ ) to share with you from Ruby White Tips (I know, I know it's been awhile since I featured this brand - not including some recent nail art). "Peekaboo" is from Ruby White Tips' Batworld Collection, where a portion of each polish from that collection goes towards Batworld.org's Bat Sanctuary where they rescue and rehabilitate bats. (Check out the link to learn more.)

"Peekaboo" is a dusty rose pink polish with iridescent microglitter and flakies. When I first bought this polish I didn't realize there were flakies, so when I applied it and saw the flakies I was super happy! (I have a soft spot for flakies ^_^ ).









 
The sparkle in this polish is great! The only thing I wish I had was a product I heard about (I think it's called a Smudge Remover... or something like that) that will take a thin layer of the polish off, just so you can better see the larger iridescent flakies as I found the polish tended to hide the bigger ones, but the little ones shone through very well. Otherwise this polish is fabulous! A great shade of pink with a wonderful sparkle!
 
I used two coats of polish over a clear base, and a clear top coat. I was originally going to do some stamping nail art over this polish but got distracted by the sparkle so next time I wear it!
 
If you would like to help out the furry lil bats over at Bat World Sanctuary by buying one of their polishes, or would like to see more of Ruby White Tips in general check out Laura's Etsy Shop.
 
Until next time.
-Andi
 

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great on you!!! YOu have some really great looking nails!

    ReplyDelete