Friday, September 26, 2014

Dippin Into Halloween Nail Art

Hello Readers:

I've been dying to do some nail art lately, and recently I had the opportunity to do so. I was even able to use some of Above the Curve's Harry Potter inspired collection. I wanted to go with a fun "bump in the night" feeling and I think it turned out great!


Sunset lighting



Full sunlight (midday lighting)


 
In this mani I used Above the Cruve's "Sirius Black" and "Polyjuice Potion" polishes as my base colors, both of which glow in the dark. I made my own decals using stamping plates BM-H06 and MoYou Sci-Fi 01 with BMC white stamping polish which I went over with ATC "Polyjuice Potion", which went on my thumb and middle fingers.
 
For my index finger I added some red gemstones. For my ring finger I used the "spun sugar" technique which was so easy and fun I'm mad at myself for not doing it sooner! Completely love it! For my baby finger I used some striping tape to help make stripes, when I went to take the tape off I saw the color from the tape leeched onto my polish, and oddly enough I loved the effect. Awesome coincidence!
 
I love this mani so much! It is definitely my favorite to date. It's fun, shows off different techniques, and is my most successful nail art to date. Love love love it! Definitely proud of myself, for my improvements with nail art!
 
Must do more nail art (especially the spun sugar type!)
 
Until next time.
-Andi
  

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment