Sunday, May 4, 2014

Review: "Shenangians" from The Lady Varnishes

Hello Readers:

May the Fourth Be With You! haha I'm sure you're all probably sick of hearing that today as I'm sure any and all star wars fan are taking full advantage of saying it for Star Wars Day. Sadly, I had forgotten today was going to be Star Wars Day so my post is not Star Wars related (although this particular shade of blue does remind me of R2D2's blue accents). Today's polish is from the new textured polish collection "The Big Three" from The Lady Varnishes inspired by the tv show Psych.

"Shenanigans" is a textured cobalt blue polish with blue/green iridescent glitter, gold shimmer flakes and even glows in the dark. SO much awesomeness in a bottle!! However, just an fyi upon receiving this collection I found them all to be VERY thick (especially Tomfoolery which was the one I tried to use first but was too difficult to work with so I had to scrap it and try a different one). Shenanigans and Malarkey, though thick were fairly usable still though they all will great benefit from a drop or two of polish thinner.

I used two coats of "Shenanigans" over two coats of Nail Pattern Boldness' "Glitter A Peel" and one coat of top coat.


Shade



Direct Sunlight


 
I debated whether or not to even do this post because I'm not happy with the way the mani turned out. I had a hard time getting the polish close to the cuticle line due to it's thickness, but I wanted to let you know what to expect when getting this polish.
 
Yes, I do still recommend this polish, as a drop or two of polish thinner will make this polish much more easy to work with. If I had owned any I would've used it right away in the polish, but I had no reason to buy any before now so here is the polish without having used any polish thinner.
 
Despite this (what I consider to be) small setback I think this polish is GORGEOUS! The texture look is pretty awesome and definitely different from most polishes, the color is bright and stunning and OMGosh!!! The glow in the dark of this polish is freaking AWESOME!! I greatly apologize and regret that I do not have any glow in the dark shots of this polish as I had forgotten that it even did glow in the dark, and by the time I got a second chance at taking some GitD photos of it I had broken my nail and my chance went out the window.
 
Please believe me when I say the glow in the dark is intense and awesome! It actually shocked the hell out of me when I realized my fingers were glowing in the dark because I had forgotten this polish was a GitD. My husband thought there was something seriously wrong when I cried out, then proceeded to laugh at me when I told him what had startled me.
 
My next step is to buy some polish thinner so that I can go and use these polishes more easily as I think they are so much fun from their bright colors, all the way down to their whimsical names.
 
If you would like to add these textured polishes to your collection or to see what other fabulous polishes The Lady Varnishes has to offer (she recently released her Hobbit/LotR collection which is fabulous, and some are on their way to me now!), please check out her Etsy shop.
 
Until next time
-Andi
 
PS. My husband is recovering well from his recent surgery and I think I'll be able to start up with some nail art again within the next couple of posts.
 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment