Saturday, August 9, 2014

Review: "Tail Scales" from Carpe Noctem Cosmetics

Hello Readers:

Today, I have a lovely polish from Carpe Noctem Cosmetics' In The Grotto collection, inspired by the Little Mermaid. The whole collection is beautiful, but the one that jumped out at me the most is today's polish: "Tail Scales".

"Tail Scales" is a sheer turquoise jade jelly polish with a purple shimmery shift. I had some trouble capturing the purple shift, but you do get a glimpse of it.


Sun Photos







Shade Photos


 
Isn't it just lovely?!? I love the shade of green, and the purple shimmer is beautiful! It is sheer, so it is best if used over some undies. I was curious if I could build up opacity on its own, so my photos show three coats over a clear base, and a clear top coat (the minor bubbling in some photos is from my top coat not the polish itself). The opacity does build but not enough to wear on its own as you can still see my nails beneath the polish.
 
Such a beautiful polish! I can't wait to try it over different colors to see the effect this polish gives. If you'd like to add this polish to your collection, or would like to check out the rest of Carpe Noctem Cosmetics wonderful polishes head over to her Etsy shop.
 
Until next time.
-Andi

Pin It!

1 comment: