Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review: "Seawitch" from Carpe Noctem Cosmetics

Hello Readers:

I have another polish from Carpe Noctem Cosmetics' In The Grotto Collection. Today's polish is one of the holo's from the collection inspired by Ursula: "Seawitch".

"Seawitch" is a rich deep purple jelly holo polish. In the interest of full disclosure when I saw the photos of my mani the camera did NOT capture the true color of the polish. The photos made the polish look almost black instead of the deep purple it was so I tweaked the color saturation to more accurately show what it actually looked like on my nails. I will still show photos of how it showed up on my camera, but the ones I tweaked show a more accurate color representation of the polish.


Full sunlight photos







Sun behind the clouds photos


 

Isn't this a lovely polish?!? I'm always a sucker for purples so I knew I had to get this beauty. I went on smooth and opacity builds very nicely. I used three coats of polish over a clear base coat, and a clear top coat. This polish kind of reminds me of grape jelly with lots of sparkle haha
 
Now here are what the photos looked like before tweaking the color.
 


 
See how dark it looks?? It is so not how it looked on my nails. I wanted to show you both so you could see, but in real life the polish will be closer to the first set of photos.
 
If you'd like to own this great polish you can get it over at Carpe Noctem Cosmetics, who is also having a sale on right now. A lot of polishes have been discounted, 13 of which will be discontinued. Additionally, you can use the code: DCSALE for 25% off orders of $18 or more until THIS SUNDAY (8/17/2014).
 
Until next time.
-Andi
 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment