Sunday, March 30, 2014

Review: "Illusionist" from Picture Polish

Hello Readers:

It is finally here! The last installment of the LE (limited edition) polishes from Picture Polish: "Illusionist". Illusionist is a scattered holo with color shifting pigments. The colors shift from teal to purple and even a little blue.

Illusionist is similar to Aurora but I find Aurora has brighter colors, whereas Illusionist is deeper in hue. This post will be a bit picture heavy like the rest have been (some photos will be intentionally blurry to help so the color shift), and as usual I'll start off with a few pictures of Illusionist by itself with no undies.

Three coat of Illusionist by itself.






As you can see like most of the other LE polishes, Illusionist is quite sheer on its own, though the glitter is very prominent. It also doesn't have much of a color shift to it on its own, it needs the help of undies to bring it out, so in the rest of the photos I have layered one coat of Illusionist over 2 coats of black (Carpe Notem's "Under Cover of Night").


















Definitely a keeper! This polish is gorgeous! I think I may like this one more than Aurora but I think I'm going to try them side by side the next time I use them so I can decide for sure. The color palette is gorgeous! 

If  you would like to see the other polishes click on the links to see: AuroraGravitySolar Flare, and Altered State.

Llarowe just had a restock of the LE polishes, so  you may still have a chance to get some of these, click their link to see if they still have some in stock (or look through the rest of the stock): Llarowe

You can also check out Picture Polish to see their other polishes and a full list of their stockists.

It's hard for me to decide on just one (top 3 being Gravity, Solar Flare, and Illusionist). Do you have a favorite or are you like me and having a hard time deciding on just one?

Until next time.
-Andi

PS. Since I dedicated quite a few posts to showcase these swatches at least 3 upcoming posts will be some nail art I'm trying out.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment