Sunday, November 30, 2014

Review: "Stormy Night" from Above the Curve

Hello Readers:

I hope all my American readers had a safe and happy Thanksgiving Holiday, and I hope that all my Non-American readers had a safe and happy weekend as well. I apologize again for not getting this up before the holiday started. I put too much on my own plate, and didn't have time to finish everything I wanted to do. I'm cutting back on my Christmas plans now in hopes the same thing won't happen, but as Christmas approaches things are definitely getting busy. Luckily I only have one present left to buy and my shopping will be all done. Have you all made a dent in your Christmas shopping? I hope you don't have to deal with the busy shops too much.

Now, onto the BEAUTIFUL polish I have to show you today. I originally wanted to use my Above the Curve 2014 Fall Collection on a sunny day so you can see the beautiful holo in all its glory, but it's just that time of year where the sunny days are few and far between. So I decided to start with this beauty that featured more than just holo glitter.

"Stormy Night" is a blackened blurple polish with multicolored flakies and shimmer throughout.

Showcasing the purple shade






Showcasing the blue shade





 
I used two coats of "Stormy Night" over a clear base coat, and a clear top coat. The first coat barely covered any of the nail so I was afraid this would end up being three or four coats but the second coat fully covered. Unfortunately I didn't showcase the flakies very well but they are there and they are lovely! Being a flaky fan I wanted even more flakies so I added two coats of "Spectrespec" from the Above the Curve Harry Potter inspired collection. Trying to capture the colors of "Spectrespec" was  an epic fail, but here is a blurry picture nonetheless just so you can see how glorious it can be in person (though not so much in the photo haha).

 
"Stormy Night" got a little muted because I went flakie happy with "Spectrespec" and did two coats of it instead of one but I really love both polishes! Stormy Night is such a great name for this dark blurple. It definitely reminds me of stormy weather, the flakies are beautiful and subtle at times, and sometimes the flakies are BAM! in your face like lightning can be. I think you just need to find a way to help clean the polish off the flakies when applying. I know there is a product out there that does this but unfortunately I do not have it in my possession.
 
Again, beautiful polishes! They're gorgeous and they have great wear time! Currently, both these polishes (and all the rest of their pretties) are on sale over at Above the Curve's Etsy Shop, but don't delay the sale will be over soon.
 
Until next time.
-Andi

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment