Monday, December 2, 2013

Review: "Expecto Patronum" from Dollish Polish

Hello Reader(s),

Today's post is a two for one (in my opinion anyway). It is a Harry Potter inspired polish that I feel can also be used as a winter/holiday polish. Two things that make me smile every time I think of them.

Today's Dollish Polish review is called "Expecto Patronum" which is the spell that Harry Potter learned to repel the Dementors. It is basically a spell fueled by a happy memory, the stronger the memory the stronger the Patronus.


Harry's partial Patronus (img source: harrypotter.wikia.com)



Harry's fully formed Stag Patronus (img source: harrypotter.com)

Expecto Patronum polish is a milky white crelly polish with iridescent flakies and different sized blue hexes. It goes on smooth with a lovely accent of glitter.

1 base coat, 3 coats polish, 1 top coat













I really love this polish! I think it's a great shade to represent the Patronus charm, and I also think it's a great polish for winter time. I think this is a great representation of snow and ice. Definitely festive, and I couldn't resist putting it on since it's now getting to be that time of year. I sure hope we get some snow for Christmas this year. I love me a white Christmas ^_^

How about you reader, do you think this polish is a good winter shade? Do you hope for snow this winter or would you prefer a green Christmas?

Until next time
-Andi

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Hi, I came here from Will Paints Nails for Food feedback form. :) I like your blog, the colors/background go really nicely together. Your photos - especially the close-up ones - are also nice. My only suggestion is to work on your clean-up a bit so your nails look nice and neat. :) Edit: Instead of captcha, which is super irritating to a lot of people (including me), try disqus. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback! :) I will definitely look into working on your suggestions.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I came from the blogger's bootcamp from Will Paint Nails for Food. I really like your blog title and how your background goes really well with that. I would like to see some social media buttons so it would be easier to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback. I will look into getting better social media buttons.

      Delete
  3. I finally got things squared away with Disqus after some mishaps on my part. I apologize for any comments that have been lost (I know for sure that TeenPolishJunkie's feedback was lost). I do appreciate all the feedback I have been given, and hope to continue to improve my blog in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Love your blog (us geeks gotta stick together!) You have really nice lighting on your photos, all consistent. I wish mine were! The only thing I can say it that your layout is very wide, I have to scroll to the right to read everything. But that could just be my computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I think it might be your computer settings that are making you scroll to the right, but if others have the same problem I will adjust the settings to make it not so wide.

    ReplyDelete