Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My First Nail Art! (A holiday theme!)

Hello Reader(s):

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Y'all are probably getting ready for the holidays coming up. I had a busy but nice weekend myself. Today I'll be posting something a little different. I know so far I've only done reviews of brands so far, but I finally got myself some dotting pens. So I've tried my hand at nail art. I've actually tried doing some nail art freehand twice before but it was so bad I got rid of it right away and went back to basics. Now that I have some tools I actually got a decent nail art mani.


It is by no means perfect as it is my first time using dotting pens but I had fun and am proud of what I accomplished for my first try with them. I wanted to do a holiday mani. I originally wanted to do snowflakes on a navy background but it just isn't doable for me without one of those skinny brushes or needle pens so I had to improvise. Instead I decided on a navy background with silver polka dots with a silver ornament accent nail.



Natural Light


Sunlight




I know this isn't the best photo but it really showed the holo sparkle!



The mani turned about a little more nautical themed color wise than I expected, but overall I really like this mani. I used Darling Diva Polish's Limited Edition: Early Riser, and Darling Diva Polish's Diamond (from their diamond collection). So much sparkle! ^_^ 

If any of you have tips for using the dotting tools or if you have any easy (beginner) dotting tool mani suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Until next time.
-Andi

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment