Thursday, December 12, 2013

Review: "Sugar Plum Fairy" from Dollish Polish

Hello Reader(s):

I have a holiday polish for you today. It is the monthly limited edition polish for December from Dollish Polish. The polish is entitled "Sugar Plum Fairy", taking its name from its inspiration; the sugar plum fairy from the ballet: The Nutcracker.


img source: google images

Sugar Plum Fairy has a pale pink base with a plethora of different shapes, sizes and colors of glitter.
It has circles, squares, stars, hearts, hexes, diamonds, triangles, squares, bars, strips; and in colors of pink, blue, green, purple, etc. This polish is just chalk full of goodness.


I used 1 base coat, 3 coats of polish, and 1 top coat. This polish goes on smoothly, however I did have trouble getting the larger pieces of glitter (ie, heart, big blue circle, etc). I had to dig them out and place them on my nails. I thought I had turned it upside down long enough (I did it for 30mins) but I think because this was my first use of the polish there wasn't much room for gravity to do its job. So you may want to let it stand upside down for an hour during your first use to limit your digging for big glitter. 










Isn't this polish just FABULOUS?!?! I love it so much. It may not be your traditional holiday colors but I think this polish embodies the spirit of the sugar plum fairy exquisitely! ^_^ Now I'm not a huge ballet enthusiast or anything but there's something about the Nutcracker that really... gets stuck in your head lol Sadly this polish was only available for a limited amount of time, but you can still visit Dollish Polish to get one of their other many wonderful polishes.

Are any of you huge Nutcracker fans? Or a fan of ballet in general? I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant on the subject. I only Swan Lake and The Nutcracker.

So I shall leave you all with the one ballet song that makes me smile every time I hear it.

Until next time.
-Andi



              Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment