Monday, October 7, 2013

Review: "Venice Party" from BB Couture

Gosh today has been a busy day. I had meant to post earlier but I got sidetracked doing some foodie stuff. I love to bake! I did quite a few things today... I made caramel apples (which were messy!) with chopped nuts, I made homemade pie dough for the mini pies I'm baking tomorrow, some pickled cabbage, and some sweet potato soup for dinner. Like I said... I did a lot today so that is why this post is so late today.

Anyhoo onto my new indie brand discovery, BB Couture. It is a 3free brand, vegan, and cruelty free. They have created a wide variety of colors and they even have a line of nail polish for men. I bought several different polishes to try (even some from their men's line), and for my first test I decided to try their polish called Venice Party.


1 clear base coat, 2 coats of polish, 1 top coat

Venice Party is a blurple polish with lots of shimmer and glitter. I found it to be slightly thicker than what I am used to but application was still smooth, and only needed 2 coats for complete opacity. I lucked out and got a day of sunshine to show the wonderful shimmer in this color!

















This polish is such a gorgeous color! The shimmer is great! The only downside to this polish that I found was what I found when I removed the polish. When I removed the polish I discovered an orangish-pink stain to my nails where the polish had been. I didn't expect such a thing to happen since I always use a base coat, but I guess that's not 100% full-proof.  I still love this polish and will be trying out the other polishes I bought from BB Couture, but I may have to double up on a base coat or try a different base coat to try and prevent the staining.

the staining i had after removing the polish



If anyone has tips on removing stains I'm all ears. I've only tried soaking my nails in lemon juice so far and no real luck. 

Until next time
-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment