Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Review: "Star Bright" from My Ten Friends

I apologize that I'm posting this so late (well late for me it is almost 10 in the evening). My husband took the week off from work, and I have been running around doing errands, then was so tired I kick backed and watched some tv to relax and forgot I meant to post this review.

Today's review is a special polish. It is a charity polish from My Ten Friends, made in memory of Talia Joy. Twenty percent of the proceeds of this polish go to the Base Camp charity for cancer research. Sadly, when Talia passed I was still quite new to the beauty scene (including indie polish), so I had no idea she had such an impact on the community until I saw many indie polish brands starting to create polishes in her memory. I love that everyone was doing this, it was such a sweet gesture for someone who seemed like such an amazing young woman.

So when My Ten Friends came out with Star Brite I knew I had to have it, not just because it was a charity polish (though I am a sucker for charity polishes) but because it was stunning even just in the bottle. It also had the fun part of glowing in the dark!
1 coat elmer's glue, 2 coats polish, 1 clear top coat
Star Bright is a sheer mint based polish with teal, white and silver glitter (including STARS ^_^). This polish does glow in the dark but sadly I was unable to capture the glow with my lil canon snapshot camera. I'll keep trying to fiddle with the settings but I think my camera just inside high tech enough to capture those kinds of shots.

This polish went on very smoothly. At first I had to fish for stars but I found that if I turned the bottle upside down in between layers I could get the stars more freely. This polish is recommended to be worn over a colored base but I chose to see what it looked like on its own. I think its quite lovely on its own, but I have to agree that this polish would really pop layered over a colored base which is what I think I will do the next time I wear this polish. Otherwise though, this polish is a real stunner! 















thumb up close


middle finger up close

This polish is so lovely, and fun. I get a little giddy every time I see the stars. The name even reminds me of Rainbow Bright, which I used to love watching when I was little! If you'd like to add this polish to your collection keep an eye on My Ten Friends Facebook page to find out when it will be restocked.

Until next time
-Andi

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment