Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review: "Raspberry Cordial" from Literary Lacquers

It's Breast Cancer Awareness month, so I couldn't let it pass without doing a pink mani. In fact today is even No Bra Day in support of Breast Cancer. So today I not only let the tata's free, I thought it would be a good day to post my pink mani.


sourced from a friends fb page

Now to be honest I am not a pink girl. It's just not a color I tend to gravitate towards, but Raspberry Cordial from Literary Lacquers definitely spoke to me. I just had to have it. First though, just a little on Literary Lacquers. I first heard about them through Kim over at Overall Beauty (who I tend to find alot of my indie brands from). I was intrigued by their name alone because I'm an avid reader. I read a little of everything; classic, mystery, a dash of horror and non-fiction, young adult, kids (LOVE dr.seuss! haha), especially fantasy. The only thing I don't read is romance; I've tried a few different authors but I'm just not into it. So of course when I heard Literary Lacquers based their polishes off of books I had to check them out.


sourced from google images

Literary Lacquers is a 3free, cruelty free, hand mixed indie brand. The first collection I saw from them was their Anne of Green Gables inspired collection. The holo polishes I saw drew me in instantly. I was quite surprised that I was even drawn in by Raspberry Cordial because I don't usually go for pinks, but I knew I had to have it so it was the first Literary Lacquer polish I ordered.


1 clear base coat, 2 coats polish, 1 clear top coat

I was definitely NOT disappointed. This raspberry holo polish with silver and raspberry glitter is gorgeous! Unfortunately I didn't have any sunshine to show off the amazing holo shimmer, but I tried my best to capture what I could. It went on very smooth and I had no trouble with it. I heard that reds (and sometimes pinks) can stain nails but I haven't removed the polish yet to check so I will let you all know if it does in my next post. So for now, just glory in the raspberry holo that is Raspberry Cordial.











so much shimmer! <3



















I really love this polish. The color is great, and the holo shimmer is amazing! I look forward to trying more polishes from Literary Lacquer. If you love to read and/or love a holo polish head over to Literary Lacquer's Etsy page to grab a bottle of your very own. Currently they are actually on vacation and won't be back till Oct 20th, but if you can't wait that long to get your hands on a bottle head on over to Overall Beauty to check out their selection of Literary Lacquers.

Until next time
-Andi

PS. Remember to FREE THE TATA's today! :)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment