Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: "Accio Lacquer" from Lucky 13 Lacquer

Hello Reader(s):

Today I've got a special nail polish to talk about. A Harry Potter (HP) themed nail polish from Lucky 13 Lacquer. Now you may not know because I haven't mentioned too often, but I am an avid reader. The Harry Potter series is one of my favorites, I've read the whole series seven times (maybe more than that). I know that may seem crazy to some, but other HP fans are probably in the same boat LoL :) When I find a series I love I tend to go back to it every so often.


My HP collection ^_^
Now onto the polish. I know there are many brands who have done a Harry Potter inspired collection but I wanted to start with one from Lucky 13 Lacquer because I was especially drawn to her collection. I decided to start with her polish called Accio Lacquer, which was inspired by Harry's fight with the Hungarian horntail dragon during the Triwizard tournament where he masters the summoning spell 'Accio'. 


Hungarian Horntail

1 clear base coat, 2 coats polish, no topper

As you can see the polish is a great representation of the Hungarian horntail dragon. This polish is a grey crelly base with orange, red, and gold microflakes. I had no application issues. It went on great and didn't chip much. The sparkle from the glitter is really great, and I think lends color to the grey base which can come off a toned down brown when in certain lights.
























This is a great HP inspired polish, and I think this makes a great fall color. I definitely will be trying out some more HP inspired polishes in the future, maybe even some house polishes. ^_^  For now though this Potterhead is content. Now to go curl up with a book.

Until next time.
-Andi

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment