Monday, September 9, 2013

Sensitive Skin Setback

So far I've been doing a mani a week, sometimes twice, but I have been wanting to do more. Sadly, I have been held back due to my sensitive skin. I have been using a store bought non-acetone nail polish remover but it still has many harsh chemicals that have been burning and drying out my skin that is just getting worse even with extra moisturizing.

After asking around I have decided on two solutions to try. First I have ordered a bottle of Karma Organics nail polish remover, which is non-toxic and non-carcinogenic with a soy base. I ordered this based on a recommendation from Kim over at OverallBeauty since she also has sensitive skin and has success using this brand.

Second I have decided to use the glue method for heavy glitter polishes, where you paint on a thin layer of good ole Elmer's glue before adding your glitter polish. This method should allow me to just peel off the polish safely after a day or two if I wish. This method I received from Mei-Lynn who created My Ten Friends, and understands what a pain it is to remove glitter heavy polishes.


I can't wait to try these new methods out so that I can do new mani's more often. I just have to wait for my karma oraganics polish remover and my empty nail polish bottles (for the glue) to arrive so I can get started, and hopefully in the end my skin will recover and appreciate the change.

Until next time
-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment