Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Review: "Pretender" by Darling Diva Polish

No new packages as of yesterday and I just couldn't wait any longer, so I changed up my mani today. I decided to do something a little fun this time around. So I decided to try out Darling Diva Polish "Pretender".
clear base coat, two polish coats, clear top coat

Pretender is a white based polish with different sizes of pink circle glitter. The really fun thing about this polish is that its thermal, so when the polish gets cold the white turns to blue. I had a minor problem getting some glitter on some of my nails, but otherwise I had no problem applying this polish. It only takes two coats for complete opacity. The colder the polish gets the deeper the blue, it does quickly fade to a more sky blue when not directly in a cold environment (like a glass of ice water that I used to dunk my fingers in) Sadly, my camera did not want to cooperate with me today so my photos of the color change aren't as great as they should be. 
Polish in its natural state


A close up of my pinkie to show the awesome pink against the white


Polish when cold






Showing both shades (pinkie/middle blue, ring/pointer white)






a close up of the color shift

This is definitely a fun polish, and I think that I would love to use a glitter topper to give it more sparkle next time. A good all around polish though.

Until next time
-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment