Friday, September 20, 2013

Review: "Mint To Be" from Girly Bits

Now that I've tested out the glue way of taking of glitter polish (which is fabulous!) I decided I should try out the organic nail polish remover I bought. So I did my mani sans glue this time. This time around I decided to try out an Indie Brand called Girly Bits that's based in Ontario Canada. All polishes are 3 free and cruelty free. They also sell supplies for franken polishes.

The first polish from Girly Bits I decided to review is called "Mint to Be" which is a mint green creme. It is the first time I've used a creme nail polish, and just as a note for others who have yet to try a creme, it takes a couple minutes longer to dry compared to other nail polish types. Hence the small dings in my mani in some photos.



I used one coat of a clear base coat, 2 coats Mint To Be, and one coat of a clear top coat. I had no problems applying the polish it went on very smooth, and you might not even need 2 coats, 1 might be sufficient for opacity. I did 2 just in case since I did mine at night time, and wasn't sure if it would show through in the morning light. I took some photos during the evening and during the morning so you can see the way it looks in different light.































This polish is super lovely! I love the color, and it was so easy to apply. I just need to remember to let it dry an extra couple of minutes before getting back to my daily routine. I can't wait to try more of their polishes. I will let you know in my next review how it goes trying to remove it with the organic nail polish remover.

Until next time.
-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment