Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Review: "Precog" from My Ten Friends

I just wanted to touch base on my experiment with Elmer's glue as a base for my heavy glitter polishes. And really all I have to say is, it is AWESOME! The glitter peeled off easily, so much better than struggling for over twenty minutes trying to remove it with harsh nail polish remover. I took some photos to show it, but sadly they came out blurry but I think they still get the point across.








Anyways thanks again to Mei-Lynn over at My Ten Friends for her great tip on the glue base. I really didn't want to remove the polish because Starry Night is so gosh darn beautiful, but I needed to test out the removal process, and finding it easy I went ahead and did a new mani using My Ten Friends "Precog".



It's hard to pin down an accurate color to pin on the base because depending on the light it will either look more green or more of a grayish blue. Nonetheless is it beautiful and has different sizes of teal and gold glitter. It is just chalk full of sparkle and so very lovely! The application was easy and I had no trouble getting plenty of glitter. I did one coat of glue as a base, two coats of Precog and then a clear top coat.

































Such a beautiful polish! I'm sorry I couldn't get more photos of it looking more green but there is still nothing but rainy weather here so unfortunately no sunlight shots were possible. I was actually worried this polish would need a base color to make it pop but after using it I don't think so. I mean it would probably look fabulous with a color base coat but its still dazzling without one. Once again a great polish from My Ten Friends. Definitely can't wait to do more mani's.

Until next time.
-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment