Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Review: "A Thousand Christmas Trees" from Literary Lacquers

Hello Readers:

Christmas is fast approaching, and things are getting busy. I've got an appointment at the end of the week, and I need to do the baking for the Foodie Secret Santa that I'll be delivering this weekend. Super excited for the secret santa, though nervous it won't be something they like, but that's the risk you take. All in good fun though. Yesterday was productive up until I felt like crud and went to bed. On the up side of that it didn't stay so it doesn't seem like I've gotten the nasty bugs that are going around, that definitely would've sucked.

Today's polish, "A Thousand Christmas Trees" is one I originally wanted to do nail art with, but for the life of me I couldn't get the other bottle of polish opened. I tried everything I new of under the sun but nothing, and in the end I ran out of time so once again no nail art :( 

"A Thousand Christmas Trees" is a Limited Edition from Literary Lacquers. It was given as a free gift with purchase  last year (2013) during the holiday season, and was recently re-released for the Literary Lacquer fan group. I've heard that the 2014 version differs slightly from the 2013 version, but I cannot confirm that as I only have the 2013 version to show you.

"A Thousand Christmas Trees" is a forest green holo with holo glitter for extra sparkle.






 
 






This polish is such a festive color with loads of sparkle! Sadly, I was unable to capture the sparkle in all its glory, but even without sunshine is sure does shine, no? I used three thin coats of polish over a clear base coat, and a clear top coat. I think Amy did a great job in capturing the look of twinkling lights on Christmas trees. I really can't say enough good things about this polish! I even wore it to my husband's office Christmas party!

Unfortunately this polish is no longer available but Amy has a lot of wonderful polishes on the Literary Lacquer Etsy Shop. You can also join the Fan Group, to see if it is ever offered again.

Until next time.
-Andi

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment