Monday, December 15, 2014

Review: "Family" from Above the Curve Plus a Flakie Guest

Hi Readers:

Just a quick note before I get to the polish today. My photos today will make the polish look more navy than it is. The polish actually has more of a purple tint to it in real life, but my camera didn't want to capture it that way.

Today's polish is from Above the Curve's Best Things About Fall Collection (Fall 2014 collection).

"Family" is a dark indigo holo, with purple and blue shimmer.











This color is beautiful, and so sparkly (though lack of sunlight doesn't show that). Such a great shade! I used two coats of polish over a clear base coat, and no top coat (as I wanted to add flakies which you'll see in the next set of photos). It went on easy and smooth, no application issues.

Lately, I've been wanting even MORE sparkle, and I adore flakies so I went for a flakie topper. The flakie topper I chose came from Darling Diva Polish's Girlfriends Collection "Hey Gorgeous!"




Sadly my photos didn't do any justice whatsoever to the flakies so I took a quick and dirty photo to better show the flakies and it's awesome color shift. I apologize for the awful cuticles in the last photo, the winter weather is being a pain on my skin and I hadn't had the chance to moisturize yet.



Isn't the flakies BEAUTIFUL?!?!? I loooove it! DDP's "Hey Gorgeous!" was the perfect compliment to Above the Curve's "Family". I really can't stop looking at my nails. Totally fabulous! Oh so much pretty in one combo!

If you'd like either of these polishes you can get "Family" from Above the Curve's Etsy Shop, and Darling Diva Polish's BigCartel Shop.

Until next time.
-Andi
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment