Friday, December 12, 2014

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Nordic Collection

Hello Readers:

Readers, readers, readers, have I got something beautiful to show you today! Carpe Noctem Cosmetics is releasing their winter collection today, and I am going to share it with you today.  The Nordic Collection consists of 4 sheer holo polishes.

My first set of photos for this collection I was pretty unhappy with overall. I only liked a few so I went back and reswatched them. I lucked out and was able to get some sunshine for a limited time to show the holo.

First up, is "Dagr's Chariot".

"Dagr's Chariot" is a sky blue sheer holo.











I used three coats of polish over a clear base coat. Sunshine photos have no top coat, inside photos have a clear top coat. I really love the shade of this blue it really is such a sky blue it practically blended in with the sky in the background of the sun photos! The opacity builds well and goes on super smooth. No application issues at all.

Next up is "Frigg's Vision".

"Frigg's Vision" is a lilac purple sheer holo.











We all know I am a purple lover, and well lilac has a special place in a my heart, and "Frigg's Vision" is no exception. It is lovely! I wish it was in season so I could have it next to a sprig of lilac from my neighbors tree. I used three coats of polish over a clear base coat. Sunshine photos have no top coat, inside photos have a clear top coat. The opacity for the purple builds well but if you do thin coats you may need 4 coats instead of 3.

Next up is "Winds of Thor".

"Winds of Thor" is a gray sheer holo.











This gray is fantastic! At first when I was applying it I was worried the opacity wouldn't build well, but boy was I wrong. In fact I think this one builds opacity the easiest out of all of them. You may even be able to get away with 2 coats if they're thicker coats. I used 3 coats of polish over a clear base coat. Sunshine photos have no top coat, inside photos have a clear top coat.

Finally we have "Loki and the Snake".

"Loki and the Snake" is a mint green sheer holo.











This polish is the most sheer of all of them. It definitely takes a bit for the opacity to build. I used three coats of polish over a clear base coat, but I think four would be even better. Sunshine photos have no top coat, inside photos have a clear top coat. This is such a lovely green, and I may have a soft spot for Loki *wink*.

Overall, this collection is wonderful! I don't really have any negatives to say about any of them. They applied beautifully, and they sparkle so much! I did find out that since these were sent to me Emily has added more holo to them just fyi, so even more sparklies! ^_^

This beautiful collection goes on sale TODAY (12/12/14) so go check out Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Etsy Shop to get yours!

Until next time.
-Andi

PS. Disclaimer: These polishes were provided to me for my honest opinion, and that is what I always give. I am in no way being compensated or influenced for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment