Friday, October 24, 2014

Double Review: "Gryffindor" and "Hufflepuff" from Above the Curve

Hello Readers:

I think the sunshine is officially a lost cause. I think the overcast weather with just peeks of sunshine is here to stay, which sadly, has made taking good holo shots difficult. I do try to be as fast as I can while the sun sneaks out though.

Today, I have two polishes from Above the Curve's Harry Potter inspired collection. I have the final two houses to show you; "Gryffindor" and "Hufflepuff". You can see my post for "Ravenclaw" and "Slytherin" HERE.

First up is "Gryffindor", which is a maroon holo with red/gold shifting microglitter and fine gold hexes.













 
This is such a great holo! I did take some shade shots so you could get a better look at the mico glitter. Apologies for the water drops in some, I didn't completely get the water off after washing the excess polish remover from my hands.
 
I love this shade of red! Mainly because true reds look awful on me so when I saw that this Gryffindor polish was maroon I was (for a lack of a better phrase) over the moon! HAHA I'm so in love with this collection, I can't say enough good things about it.
 
I used two coats of "Gryffindor" over a clear base coat, and no top coat. I had no application issues, nor any staining issues. "Gryffindor" also has great wear time, no chipping even after four days (with top coat that isn't pictured here).
 
Now,  onto "Hufflepuff", which is soft yellow crelly with different sized black holo hexes and fine shifting glitter.
 





 
 


 
Now I don't often wear yellows as they look awful with my skin tone (with oranges coming in second and reds bringing up the rear), but I still had to have this polish. You just can't leave out Hufflepuff! It is a great polish, though I will admit that I had bad chipping issues with this one. The opacity builds up well, I used two coats of polish over a clear base coat and no top coat.
 
Overall I adore this collection! Maybe even more than I adore their Doctor Who inspired collection (*gasp*) lol Which has been your favorite polish from Above the Curve's HP inspired collection? Is there one they haven't done yet that you'd like to see in part 2 of the HP collection?
 
If you'd like to see Above the Curve's Harry Potter inspired collection, or any of their other fabulous polishes you can check out their Etsy Shop.
 
Until next time.
-Andi


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment