Saturday, August 31, 2013

Review: "Candy Coated" from Piggy Paint

So I was on a search for a nail polish safe for my two year old niece to wear since she really loves having her nails painted. She isn't one to really put her hands in her mouth so we haven't been worried about using 3free nail polishes on her, but just to be safe I went on the hunt for a safe nail polish for children. 

In my search I stumbled upon a company called Piggy Paint. It is a water based nail polish that is completely non toxic, hypoallergenic, and low odor. It is entirely safe for kids of all ages. After looking through their products and seeing their amazing array of colors I decided I would like to test out this polish. Now I don't know if you would really consider it an Indie brand, but I am making an exception either way because it is nontoxic, and well the colors are awesome.

For my first piggy paint color choice I bought Candy Coated. It is a plum colored polish with a bluish silver shimmer. It gives the look a iced or frosted look to it.





I will admit that it is a little streaky on certain nails but i'm not sure if that is because of the polish or just because my nails aren't as smooth as I'd like at the moment. I did use a clear base and clear top coat but it isn't necessary. I merely used to the top coat because I knew it would dry faster. Even though the polish is a little streaky, I still love it. The color is great, and I can't wait to buy some for my niece.











 I tried to take pictures at different angles, and in different lighting to show the shimmer plus the true color of the polish. I really think this is a great product and would recommend it to any one who has a little princess in their lives or even ones who don't. :)

Until next time.
-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment