Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review: "Ringer" from Darling Diva Polish

Well first I just want to say that from my last mani with Seafetti... it sadly started to chip soon after I applied it. I actually had to redo one finger entirely because later that day all the polish came off. Then it was fine for a couple more days but then by the 3rd or 4th day it was coming off so I had to change my mani. I still really love the polish and would buy it again but it doesn't seem to be a mani that would last for the week.

Anyways, on to my new mani using Darling Diva Polish's "Ringer". Ringer is a sheer purple jelly base polish with a red to green shifting shimmer.



Overall this polish is a beautiful color and the shifting shimer is pretty cool. I find I see the red shimmer more dominantly than the green shimmer, but it is definitely a fun color. Sadly however, I found that for some reason the polish began to produce a weird bubbling on some of my nails.


the bubbling is more dominant on my middle and ring fingers.

I used three coats of Ringer with a clear base coat, no top. I think the polish is too sheer for me to wear by itself as you can see the white part of my nail underneath pretty clearly so I think this would be a polish to wear over top of another color.




The above photos were me trying to really show the red shimmer of the polish, and the below photos are me trying to get photos of the green shimmer. Sadly my attempts to photograph the green shimmer didn't go over too well.





Overall the polish is very pretty, and I will try it out over a colored base next time, but if it keeps up with the weird bubbling effect I don't think I would buy this specific color again. However, I am still a huge Darling Diva polish fan and continue to enjoy their other polishes.

Until next time.
-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment