Thursday, July 25, 2013

Review: "Hailing Frequencies Open" from My Ten Friends


After 4 days my Zero-G started to peel off on a couple of fingers. I was sad because Zero-G had such an awesome array of colors, but I was excited too because it gave me an excuse to try out another new nail polish. Some of my nail polish wasn't peeling off as well as the rest of my fingers which made it a pain to take off the nail polish. I may have to try out the foil method to remove my nail polish next time. I'm a little apprehensive about using that method just because the nail polish remover is reeking havoc on my skin. Any suggestions on a more natural or organic nail polish remover would be appreciated.

Anyhoo, on to my new mani. I broke out "Hailing Frequencies Open" from My Ten Friends. Hailing Frequencies Open is a silvery lilac based nail polish with pink, red, purple and holo glitter. This polish is actually a part of My Ten Friends' Valentine's collection. What really drew me to this polish is its silvery lilac base. My eye always goes to purple, green, and blue shades. So this one was no exception.








I did two coats of Hailing Frequencies Open over a clear base color and a clear top coat. I really love this polish. The mix of colors is just beautiful and definitely is an ode to Valentine's Day. However, the silvery lilac base just didn't pop as much as a I hoped it would. So in the future I think I'm going to put this over a color base (probably a lilac color), to bring this polish to the next level.

Nonetheless I continue to fall in love with every My Ten Friends nail polish that I try. I can't wait to try my next one. Within the next couple of weeks I will be receiving more indie nail polishes and will be reviewing those as well. For now I am off to see about some eats, and something to cool me off from this heat.

Until next time.
-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment