Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Worthwhile Cause

I was checking for updates on the facebook pages of some of my favorite indie brands I saw a post from My Ten Friends that caught my eye. A friend of the owner at My Ten Friends is trying to fund a project to record audio books for the blind. I think this is a great idea, especially since I am an avid reader and when I had my eye surgery a few months ago I turned to audio books for entertainment during my healing process.

So not only do I think this is a great cause, there is also an added bonus if you fund the project. My Ten Friends is going to create two exclusive polishes inspired by 2 of the books to be recorded. These polishes will only be available to backers, but from what I've seen from MTF polishes I know they will be awesome.

For more information on Banned Books For the Blind check out the following link:



“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” 
― Mary ShelleyFrankenstein

“Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR
per
G.G., CHIEF OF ORDNANCE” 
― Mark TwainThe Adventures of Huck Finn

“For a time I believed that mankind had been swept out of existence, and that I stood there alone, the last man left alive.” 
― H.G. WellsThe War of the Worlds


Until next time.
-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment