Monday, July 15, 2013

Finding a new love in Indie Nail Polish

I've never been a real girly girl. I was always more of a tomboy (minus any love for sports lol). I was was more into the geek aspect of life; computers (though I have no clue how to build/fix them), anime, manga, fanfiction, and too many fandoms to name. Still... I had a love for things that sparkled but never really indulged in it.

Now, many years later I have found a new sparkle to love. That of the indie nail polish, and that will be the main focus of this blog. Here and there I may post about one of my geek <3 's but it the star will always be indie nail polish.

My new love affair with indie nail polish when my cousin posted a link to My Ten Friends nail polish. I perused the selection and fell head over heels. I knew I just had to get my hands on it. So for my first few posts I will be talking about My Ten Friends. A space themed indie nail polish that is just a glitter explosion.

As my first purchase arrived (a whopping 5 bottles to start). I didn't know which to try first so I swatched each color on a nail to see what spoke to me the most. From left to right you will find Elsewhen, Close Encounters, Zero-G, Hailing Frequencies Open, and Precog.


The colors on my fingers from pinkie to thumb match the line-up of the bottles.
I thought by doing this it would make it easier to choose which polish to start with, but really it didn't do much to help me. So I got a couple of opinions and the consensus was to start with Elsewhen. Unforunately, I could not obtain a good photo of my new glitzy nails so tomorrow I will try again and post a review about it.

Until then.
-Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment