Saturday, November 23, 2013

Happy 50th Anniversary Doctor Who!



LOL okay I had to do that. Okay so today as most of you know is the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, and I'm so pumped!!! I just know the 50th anniversary special is going to be EPIC! Here's a sneak peek for y'all. Also... WARNING this post is going to be pic/gif heavy!





I knew BBC would do something big for the anniversary, but when I heard they were bringing back David Tennant to reprise his role as Ten this is exactly how I felt:



I too wanted to commemorate this special day. So I decked myself out in my Doctor Who t-shirt, my TARDIS hat (since its chilly), and I did a Doctor Who mani. Did I do something super spectacular you ask?


I tried to... I tried my hand at doing nail art (just some simple stuff since I've never tried it before) but wow it turned out to be a complete disaster! An utter disaster! It was all:


When I wanted:


So no nail art for me... but I still LOVE my mani. (Yes that's right now onto the nail polish. FINALLY! lol) For my Doctor Who mani I used Lucky 13 Laquer's Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey nail polish.



I had some troubles with my camera... blurry photos, bad lighting, discoloration... etc, but in the end I think I got a few good captures. 

1 elmer's base, 3 coats polish, 1 top coat

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey (WWTW) is a deep blue jelly with different size squares and hexes, and has holographic stars and moons. Sadly I had to dig for the stars and moons, but it was partly my own fault. Usually if I turn my bottle upside down when I start my mani it gives the big glitter enough time to float down, but I should've put the bottle upside down sooner since it needed a little extra time. Otherwise this polish went on great. It really only needs 2 coats for opacity but I did 3 trying to get at the stars and moons.

night time shot






daytime shot







This polish is awesome! Definitely a hit for my Doctor Who theme ^_^ It will definitely be a staple for me even without a Doctor Who reason to wear it. Oh! And Lucky 13 is having a sale PLUS a chance to get a very limited edition Doctor Who Polish called "Fish Fingers and Custard" go check out her post for details and her shop to get some of your very own DW polishes.

Well sadly this brings my post to a close but as Eleven would say:



So I will leave you all with these fun extras:




Until next time.
-Andi


GIF sources taken from:
rebloggy.comfanpop.comlovelylovelyruthie.tumblr.comsomereallygreathair.tumblr.comhill-kleerup.organonymousasta.wordpress.commaryannimal.comtoontownhall.comgeronimo--allons-y.tumblr.comthetvmouse.wordpress.com

















Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment